It is a type of medical care given to the terminally ill patients facing end-of-life events.
Typically, a patient in hospice will remain for approximately 12 to 14 days. At the end of their stay, they typically return to their homes. While they are a patient in our care, they will be treated to relieve pain and any other issues that cause discomfort. Know that your loved one will be treated with the utmost respect and loving, skilled care from our highly trained hospice care nurses and support staff.
"Assisted Living" can coordinate hospice care services on an as-needed basis with professional caretakers who specialize in supporting the unique emotional and physical needs of seniors on hospice with the utmost dignity and compassion.
You might want to consider hospice care when one or more of the following occur:
* Repeated Hospitalizations
* Progressive Loss of Function
* Current Medical Treatment Outweighs the Benefit
* Decision to Stop Curative Measures
* Decline Despite Curative Treatments
Our hospice care staff is fully equipped to recognize and determine the needs of their patients. We then work with the patient’s physician and the nursing home staff to make certain that these symptoms are addressed quickly and in the best manner possible – minimizing the patient’s discomfort.
The Licensed, Medicare certified hospice team brings this care to you. Benefits of hospice care include:
* Relieving Pain and Discomfort
* Ordering of Medication, Medical Supplies and Equipment
* Helping with Personal Hygiene, Meals and Errands
* Managing Symptoms Such as Shortness of Breath, Weakness or Loss of Appetite, Nausea, Difficulty Sleeping, Constipation, Anxiety and Depression
* Providing Information, Support and Counseling
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Questions and concerns do not take time off. We make sure that there is always someone to care for your needs. Our highly skilled hospice care staff and volunteers make certain that your loved ones know that they are cared for.
Have questions about hospice services, call us at 562-338-3187.
Assisted Living 4857 Reynolds Alley, Cypress, CA, 90630